We hope you enjoy the following recipes...call in soon to buy the meat ingredient(s).
• 2 tbs vegetable oil
• 1kg (21/4lb) diced stewing venison
• 3 onions, peeled and chopped
• 2 cloves of garlic, minced
• 1 tbs Worcester sauce
• 1 bay leaf
• tbs chopped fresh thyme
• tbs salt
• 750 ml (1 1/4 pints) water
• 7 small potatoes, peeled and quartered
• 2 parsnips, peeled and chopped
• 2 tbs plain flour
• 4 tbs water
• Optional: 3-4 carrots, peeled and quartered
• Heat the oil in a large casserole or stockpot and brown the meat on all surfaces.
• Add onions, garlic, Worcester sauce, bay leaf, thyme, salt and 750 ml water, scraping in all the tasty bits at the base of the pan.
• Cover and simmer for two hours until tender.
• Stir in potatoes and parsnips, cook until tender.
• Combine flour and remaining water, stir into stew to thicken slightly.
• Remove bay leaf before serving. Enjoy!
• Cooks Tip: Substitute 250 ml of the water with 250 ml of red wine for an even deeper flavour.