TURKEY STUFFING - that will gently steam inside your turkey, keeping it moist!
• 1 onion
• 1 stick of celery
• 1 leek
• 1 green pepper
• 1 courgette
• 2 carrots
• 100g small mushrooms
• 50g dried apricots
• Heart and liver of the turkey
• 50g butter
• 1 tbs olive oil
• Pinch mixed herbs
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 3 tbs white wine
• Mince or finely chop heart and liver. Prepare and finely chop the onion, celery and leek. Remove core and seeds from pepper and finely chop the flesh. Peel and coarsely grate the carrots and courgette. Finely chop the mushrooms. Very finely chop the apricots.
• Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan. Add the heart, liver, onion, celery, leek and pepper and cook over a low heat until the onion is soft and transparent. Add the carrots, courgettes, mushrooms and apricots, stir in the wine, season with salt, pepper and mix in herbs. Stir over a low heat for five minutes. Leave to cool, then spoon into the cavity and neck of the turkey.
• Baste turkey well during cooking time, and to give it a crisp skin brush the breast and legs with a little soy sauce mixed with olive oil and raise the heat for the last 15 minutes of cooking time.